(via)For those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days when you've barely enough energy to think about food (never mind cook!), this is warming, light and almost-instant.
~ Have a warm weekend, full of peace and relaxation! ~
***ALMOST-INSTANT CORN SOUP (Serves 2-3, Time: 10 min)
A simplified version of the corn soup you find in most Chinese restaurants, but without the artificial flavourings.
- One can (~14.75 ounce) cream style corn (total cheat - using canned/tinned ingredients!)
- Using the can from the corn, about 1 can of water or chicken stock (for thicker soup, use less)
- One egg, lightly beaten
- Fresh-ground black pepper, salt, butter
- Optional: Bit of cornstarch or flour mixed with water for even thicker soup (~1/2 to 1 teaspoon mixed well with ~1/4 cup water)
- Optional: Chicken breast, minced (or canned crab meat)
- Optional: Scallions (green onion), cilantro/coriander or other favorite vegetables, chopped
Slowly add optional corn starch mixture, stir until everything boils again. Add beaten egg and turn off heat, stirring constantly until egg turns opaque. Add pepper, salt, butter to taste + veg. Stir well & chow!
I confess, I know people either cringe at cream style corn, or embrace it and run with it (e.g., dressing this up with fancy white asparagus, fresh ginger, saffron etc). I'm the latter - I'll embrace anything that makes my eating life easier, *especially* if it's reasonably healthy! :)